CALL FOR PAPERS
The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Nairobi, will hold its Annual International Conference during the University of Nairobi’s 2023 Research Week. The theme of this Conference is: “Harnessing Research in Veterinary Science for Resilience and Sustainability of Communities”. Research within animal science must largely focus on supporting human development, which is constantly threatened by major factors such as climate change, antimicrobial resistance, and emerging and re-emerging diseases.
This conference is multi-disciplinary and will bring together experts to share best practices and the latest developments in Veterinary Science through conference presentations and exhibitions. The 3-day Conference will run from 25th to 27th October 2023. In addition, a Cooperate Social Responsibility activity will be held on Saturday 28th October 2023 at Ndubuini Centre.
The main objective of the conference will be to provide researchers, Animal Health and Production practitioners, postgraduate students and other stakeholders from universities, research institutions, industry and other experts an opportunity to showcase their research output. Specifically, the conference will provide:
- An opportunity through which impactful research findings and products will be released in the global market.
- An opportunity through which participants will learn, deliberate and share information and ideas on animal science for the development of humanity.
- An opportunity for networking and collaboration
Abstracts are invited under sub-themes indicated below
- Climate Change and One Health
- Alternative Medicine
- Antimicrobial Resistance and Animal Welfare
- Current Advances in Diagnosis, Livestock Production and Health
- Gender roles in Animal Production
- Wildlife Management and Aquaculture
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Abstracts must bear the title, name of presenting author and co-authors, affiliation details and the email of the presenting author.
- Abstract title should be limited to 15 words and in upper case font.
- Abstract text must be limited to at most 400 words,font 12, double space, Times New Roman
- The sub theme under which the abstract is submitted must be indicated after the title,
- Abstracts should include background, aims, methods, key results and conclusions with an indication of how work can help to overcome real-life challenges.
- Once the abstracts are accepted, the authors must register and pay the registration fees for their abstracts to be included in the final program.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance that the abstract and the research findings will be peer-reviewed and published in the conference proceedings.Authors of the accepted abstracts must submit their full presentations or papers before September 30, 2023.
Abstracts are to be submitted via email to the organizing committee through the email firstname.lastname@example.org before 4th September 2023
The conference will be held at the Kabete Campus of the University of Nairobi, a virtual option will be available through the University of Nairobi conference link which will be provided to the registered participants after 14th October 2023. The conference papers will be presented on power-point.
|Call for Abstracts
|June 26th, 2023
|August 19th, 2023
|August 21st – 25th, 2023
|Full paper submission
|August 26th – 29th, 2023
|Registration of presenters
|August 26th – September 30, 2023
|Registration of participants
|July 1 to October 14, 2023
|25th to 27th October, 2023
Conference Registration Fee
|UoN Undergraduate Students
|UoN Postgraduate Students
|Ksh. 2000 or USD 15
|UoN Staff (& Para-Vet)
|Kshs. 5,000 or USD 35
|East African Citizens
|Kshs. 6,000 or USD 43
|All Virtual participants
|Kshs. 2,000 or USD 39
For any further information contact:
Dr Timothy M. Wachira
Chairman, Conference Organizing Committee,
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Telephone: +254 0723 333591