1st Annual Urban and Regional Planning Conference (URPC) 2022
Call for Papers
We are happy to announce the 1st Annual Urban and Regional Planning Conference (URPC) 2022 hosted by the Department of Urban and Regional Planning, the University of Nairobi under the theme:
THEME: “Rethinking of Planning and Management of Rapid Urbanization Trends in Achieving Sustainable Development in Africa”
Urban and Regional Planning Conference (URPC) 2022 provides an international forum for exchange of ideas and recent developments in research activities in Universities and industries on topical issues surrounding urban and regional planning across the Africa Region.
The Conference aims at bringing together researchers, practioners, policy makers, activists, innovators and students both local and international in the fields of Urban Planning, Urban management, Development Studies, Real Estate, Architecture, Environmental Science, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences and Engineering to share knowledge and experiences on topics that are timely and reflect the latest scientific advances in the areas covering the following sub-themes:
- Smart Urban Growth Opportunities.
- Urban Planning, Design and Development in the digital technology era.
- Human Settlement Planning and Renewable energy-based power systems.
- Technological advances in building technology.
- Advances in Electric and Smart Mobility.
- Transit Oriented Development (TOD) Systems for sustainable connected settlements.
- Urban Agriculture and Food Security.
- Environmental and Water Resources Planning and Management.
- Innovative Technologies, Methods and Techniques in Urban Planning and management (digital connectivity, drones, cloud computing and internet of things, Decentralised energy systems and e-mobility etc).
- Technological and Governance Trends Impacting Built Environment: Professionals Knowledge and Practices.
- Blue Economy Planning and Development- Water-Land Interface Planning and Development Opportunities.
- Traffic Guidance and Forecast, Urban Traffic Control and Congestion.
Paper Submission Guidelines
- Cover page: 1 page Paper Title, Author(s), Affiliation, email address.
- Introduction: this section should have 1-3 paragraphs that introduces the subject matter being addressed in the paper.
- Research Problem/Purpose: State the purpose of the study or paper to be submitted containing 1-3 paragraphs.
- Rationale: this section should contain 1-3 paragraphs that clearly indicate the issue of interest/scientific question of the study/paper and its importance in policy, practice and institutional perspectives can also be declared here.
- Theoretical/Conceptual Underpinning: this section should contain 1 page that clearly discuss the relevant theories and conceptual frames informing the paper. Use of diagrams is highly encouraged for conceptual framework. For practitioners paper highlight the professional and practical logic informing the paper
- Methodology/Methods/Research Approach: this section should contain sufficient information to be able to understand the research design, sampling design the analytical techniques and the statistical techniques applied/used in the study (1-2 pages).
- Results/Findings: this section should address key/main finding supported by empirical/objective data to answer the scientific question(s) or practical experience (1-3 pages).
- Conclusions or recommendations: this section should provide only conclusions of the study directly supported by the results. The recommendations should also be drawn from the conclusions, avoiding speculation and over generalization (1-2 pages).
- Reference List (1 page)
Participation and Presentation Format
- Hybrid (Physical and virtual)
- Exhibition (Physical)
- The paper should be in English Language
- The paper should not exceed Ten (10) pages including abstract title and authors details
Earn 15 CPD Points by registering and participating in the first URPC 2022.
All papers to be submitted and accepted through the official email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Abstract submission deadline 10th September 2022 (Max. 300 words)
· Paper submission deadline 10th October 2022
· Paper acceptance notification deadline 15th October 2022
· Registration deadline 12th October 2022
· Papers ready for publication deadline 18th October 2022
· Registration Payment deadline 18th October 2022
· Conference dates 25th -26 October 2022
- Students – Kshs 500 or USD 5
- UoN Teaching and Non-Teaching staff Ksh 2000 or USD 20
- UoN Research week Institutional/Organizational Partners- Ksh 2000 or USD 20
- Others: Ksh 3000 or USD 30
For Conference Programme Click here
We look forward to seeing you in URPC 2022 to deliberate on development opportunities out of our research activities!
For more information, contact
Dr. Romanus Opiyo, URPC 2022 Committee Chair