3RD ANNUAL CONFERENCE ON ONLINE, DIGITAL AND DISTANCE EDUCATION 24TH- 25TH OCTOBER 2022)
The Department of Educational and Distance Studies,Faculty of Education, University of Nairobi, Kenya,is a leader in online, digital and distance education. The Department has been using distance and blended learning modes for the last over 40 years to offer courses at different levels to various clients in Kenya and beyond. To share expertise and allow for knowledge exchange, the department will hold a Two-day online conference on Online, Digital and Distance Education during the University of Nairobi Research week in October, 2022.
In this complex and challenging time of trying to prepare for online, digital distance, blended, or socially-distanced classrooms, the education sector has faced challenges. This challenges needed various approaches and methodologies to ensure quality, access and continuity of Education.The Universal Declaration of Human Rights states that everyone has the right to education. The type of education offered should ensure the development of the learner’s personality, talents and mental and physical abilities to their fullest potential. It is a cornerstone of our society, enshrined in the UN Convention for the Rights of the Child.Online, Digital and Distance Education ensures that learners get the necessary opportunity to learn wherever and whenever they are.
This Conference focus is on the Theme ‘Optimizing Online and Blended Learning for Sustainable Development in the 21st Century’
- To provide a forum for Educators to meet and deliberate on aspects of Online, Blended and distance Learning approaches for changing times.
- To bring together leading academic scientists, researchers and research scholars to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of Online, Digital, Blended and Distance learning.
- To share ideas and experiences on Learning Strategies and Online Learning.
- To provide a premier interdisciplinary platform for researchers, practitioners and educators to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, and concerns on Online, Digital, Blended and Distance learning.
- To share mitigation strategies on practical challenges encountered in adaption and adoption of Online, Digital, Blended and Distance learning.
- To create a network of scholars from various universities, institutions and other related organizations that will spearhead the process and utilization of Online, Digital, Blended and Distance learning.
- Transformative Online Pedagogies
- Education and automation
- Online Education for Better Futures
- E-learning platforms, portals ,learner support
- Expanding Access, Equity, Openness, Flexibility, Diversity and inclusion
- Online learning and content development
- Innovative Learning Designs for Student Success
- Open Pathways , new Credentials and micro credentials for Lifelong Learning
- Blended learning for Healthy Lives and Communities of Practice
- Global Challenges and Local Solutions to Education
- Role on partners in Online, Digital and Distance education
- Technology, Digital wellness, mental and Psychological wellbeing
- Synchronous and asynchronous learning
- Online Assessment and new test theories, Quality Assurance, Policy and Governance
- Virtual labs, virtual classrooms and virtual spaces for future learning
- Social media and online learning
- Digital libraries for e-learning, OERS,MOOCs
- Emerging issues in Online, Digital and Distance education
Call for Papers
The conference welcomes original researches, case studies, poster presentations, workshops and dialoguespapers in the field of Online, Digital, and Distance Learning and other related fields.
We will accept abstracts between 250-400 words.
Full original paper submissions under 12,000 words, will be submitted as per the guidelines which will be provided after acceptance of abstract.
Call for papers to be out June 14, 2022
Abstract submission Open up to 22/08/2020
Review of abstracts and acceptance Continuous
Full paper submission August 23 – September 30, 2022
Registration for Presenters July 1 – September 30, 2022
Registration for Participants July 1 – October 14, 2022
Conference Dates October 24-25, 2022
Abstract Submission Guidelines
We welcome papers applying any recognized or new methodology.
Collaboration among multiple authors, colleagues and other scholars is highly encouraged.
Co-authored papers will be accepted with consent from both authors. It is the responsibility of the Lead Presenter to obtain the consent of fellow authors.
All presentations must adhere to intellectual property rights legislation. University of Nairobi will not be responsible for infringements of intellectual property or plagiarism in any of the conference presentations.
Abstracts for paper presentations must include a description of each of the following:
- The research focus or problem
- The conceptual framework informing the research
- Research methods, including ethics
- Key insights or findings, and implications.
Conference papers submission email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference papers will be presented on power-point
Conference Type: Virtual
Host : Hosting Unit– Department of Educational and Distance Studies, Faculty of Education, University of Nairobi, Kenya
You are welcome to disseminate this call for papers through your professional networks.
We look forward to engaging with you at the conference and workshop.
1. Paper presentations: 2 days (20 minutes per paper)
For any further information about the conference, contact:
Anne Aseey PhD,
Email: email@example.com Tel.+254 721202685
University of Nairobi
Joyce A. Otieno
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 0724 204999
University of Nairobi
Dr. Joash Migosiemail@example.com
Department of Educational and Distance Studies
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 0722 661299
- Students – Kshs 500 or USD 5
- UON Teaching and Non-Teaching staff Ksh 2000 or USD 20
- UON Research week Institutional/Organizational Partners- Ksh 2000 or USD 20
- Others: Ksh 3000 or USD 30