4th Annual International Conference on Project Planning and Management
The Faculty of Business and Management Sciences, Department of Management Science and Project Planning, University of Nairobi, will hold the 4th Annual International Conference on Project Planning and Management during the University of Nairobi’s 2022 Research Week. The theme of the 4th Annual Conference is: “Emerging Project Planning and Management Research and Technology for Sustainable Communities”. Emerging research and technologies are radically novel and relatively fast-growing research topics and technologies characterized by a certain degree of coherence, and a considerable scientific and sustainability impact on communities.
This conference is multi-disciplinary and will bring together experts to share best practices and latest developments in the field of project planning, design and implementation. Speakers from higher education institutions, construction projects, transport projects, social projects, education projects, health projects, engineering, anthropology, sociology, environment, economics, management, information communication technology, and other development game-changers across the globe.
The conference will be conducted virtually through the University of Nairobi conference link which will be provided to the registered participants after 14th October, 2022, which is the deadline for registration. The conference will consist of presentations and panel discussions which will provide participants with opportunity to interact with eminent scholars, private sector practitioners, industry, policy makers, opinion leaders, representatives from diplomatic corps and National and county governments.
Dissemination of project management research findings, policy briefs by academicians, policy development and practitioners’ experiences which propel the efforts towards attaining Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will be the focus of the conference. This three-day conference will provide a platform to explore further the best practices in project management. Selected papers that will meet the quality and novelty standards will be reviewed and published in the University of Nairobi’s African Journal of Project Planning and Management (AJPLAM).
Day 1 will take the form of plenary and interactive presentations while Day 2 and 3 will take some more-interactive research presentations and discussion forums to enable participants to gain skills and knowledge on how to plan, design, implement, monitor and evaluate programmes and projects with a view to coming up with policies and practices that support the achievement of sustainable economy and development.
The main objective of the conference will be to provide researchers, postgraduate students and practitioners from the universities, organizations, individuals and other experts an opportunity to showcase their research output. Specifically, the conference will provide:
- An opportunity through which novel and impactful research findings and products will be released in the global market
- An opportunity through which participants will learn from world renown experts and researchers on issues related to project management
- A forum for stakeholders both international and local to deliberate and share information and ideas on project planning and management
- A platform through which Universities, organizations and individual participants will increase their visibility
- An opportunity for networking and collaboration.
Theme: Emerging Project Planning and Management Research and Technology for Sustainable Development of Communities.
Sub- Themes: The conference encourages the submission and presentation of novel and impactful papers on the following topics:
- Project Design, Planning and Implementation
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Project Financing
- Project Management Information Systems
- Cross cutting Issues
- Call for Papers June 17, 2022
- Deadline for submission of Abstracts August 12, 2022
- Review of Abstracts August 13 to 18, 2022
- Abstract acceptance August 19 to 21, 2022
- Deadline for submission of Full papers August 20 to September 30, 2022
- Registration for Presenters July 1 to September 30, 2022
- Registration for Participants July 1 to October 14, 2022
- Conference Dates 25th to 27th October, 2022
- Students – Kshs 500 or USD 5
- UoN Teaching and Non-Teaching staff Ksh 2000 or USD 20
- UoN Research week Institutional/Organizational Partners- Ksh 2000 or USD 20
- Others: Ksh 3000 or USD 30
For more information, contact
Contact Email: email@example.com
Dr. Isaac Abuya 0732442677