4th Engineering Conference 2022
Call for Papers
We are happy to announce the 4th Engineering Conference 2022 hosted by the Faculty of Engineering, University of Nairobi.
The Conference provides an international forum for reporting progress and recent developments in research activities in the universities and industries. The Conference aims to achieve the following:
- Propel research output towards promoting sustainable livelihood for communities in various sectors of the economy.
- Bring together researchers, innovators, industry, entrepreneurs and students both local and international in the fields of Engineering to share knowledge and experiences on topics that are timely and reflect the latest scientific advances in the areas covering the following
THEME: Emerging Research and Technologies in Engineering for Sustainable Development of Society.
- Research and Technologies in Environmental, Agricultural, Biosystems and Food Engineering
- Research and Technologies in Geospatial Engineering
- Research and Technology in Civil Engineering
- Research and Technologies in Mechanical, Manufacturing and Mechatronic Engineering
- Research and Technologies in Electrical, Electronic and Information Engineering and Nuclear Science
Paper Submission Guidelines
Author(s), Affiliation, email address
The paper will to be structured as follows:
- Introduction: 1-2 sentences that introduce the subject matter being addressed in the paper
- Research Problem/Purpose: 1-2 sentences.
- Rationale: 1-3 sentences that clearly indicate the issue of interest/scientific question of the study and its importance, theoretical, conceptual, policy and institutional frameworks points can also be declared here.
- Conclusions or recommendations: .
- Reference List
- Methodology/Methods/Research Approach:
- Results/Findings and Originality:
The paper should be in English Language and should not exceed SIX (6) pages including the abstract title and authors details
Paper Registration Competition
To encourage more UoN students and researchers to present their valuable research results in the Conference, the committee will endeavour to sponsor the first 20 papers submitted by students and accepted through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstract Submission Deadline: 15th August 2022
- Review of abstracts: August 15 – 22nd 2022
- Notification of Abstract acceptance: August 23rd – August 30th 2022
- Full paper submission: August 31st – September 20, 2022
- Paper acceptance notification deadline: September 30, 2022
- Registration for presenters: July 15 – Sept 30, 2022
- Registration for participants: July 15 – October 14, 2022
- Papers ready for publication deadline: 15th October, 2022
- Pre conference Workshop: 24-25 October 2022
- Conference dates: 26-27 October, 2022
- Students – Kshs 500 or USD 5
- UON Teaching and Non-Teaching staff Ksh 2000 or USD 20
- UON Research week Institutional/Organizational Partners- Ksh 2000 or USD 20
- Others: Ksh 3000 or USD 30
For more information, contact
Conference Convenor: Dr. John P.O Obiero,
Chair & Co-coordinator, Environmental, Bio systems and Agricultural Engineering.